Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Gold Coast Trip 2011 Day 05

16 Sept 2011:

Day 5 of our little holiday was supposed to be a day of relaxation. Unfortunately it started out with a trip to the doctor for Sharon. she spent all night being rather sick and with a fever. I finally convinced her to go to a doctor. The good news was that it wasn't anything serious, possibly mild food poisoning according to the doctor. The doctor gave Sharon an anti nausea injection and prescribed antibiotics and anti nausea medication to take over the next few days. After a trip to the chemist I took Sharon home and got her to rest. She, however made me promise to still go on the jet boat ride that her and Kath booked both kath's husband, Steve, and myself on. 

As per my promise I kept my appointment with the jet boat. I was a little nervous at first but once we got going I know that it was going to be an awesome ride. David, the boat pilot, and I call him a pilot because once we got into water were we could do anything (within reason he added) he litterally made that boat fly. At some point it felt as though he had us about 10 to 15 feet in the air. He took us though some high speed spins and turns. Basically he was doing his best to make sure that we were all wet. 

After our high speed drenching Steve and I went with Kath to her gift from Sharon. Kath got to be a Boeing 737 pilot for half an hour in a flight simulator. This simulator was totally accurate except for the feedback and the motion. Kath didn't do it alone though, she had a flight instructor giving her direction. Kath really did an amazing job and just watching her for that half an gave me an appreciation on how hard it is to pilot a large aircraft. 

We arrived back to our resort and Sharon, after having some rest, was still feeling off but much better thank you very much. As it was our last night in the Harbour Side Resort apartments we spent most of the night packing all our bags up so all we had to do in the morning was pack the car. 

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment