Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Gold Coast Trip 2011 Day 07 - Warner Bros Movieworld

18 Sept 2011: 

Today was an awesome day. We spent all day at Warner Bros Movieworld. I suppose you could say I let my inner child out for the day. We had a couple of family family photos done in the morning, one with Bugs Bunny and Marvin the Martian. I loved this one as Marvin is my all time favourite Looney Tunes character. The other family photo was with Scooby-do and the gang. Valma fell absolutely in love with Molly, and she wasn't the only one at Movieworld that fell in love her. Molly stood out that much with Valma that at the grand parade in the afternoon, Valma saw Molly, who had a change of clothes since the morning, and she came over to say hello to Molly. Molly and Maddi also had their photo taken with Daffy Duck and Tweety Bird. Molly wasn't too sure of what to make of Daffy though, but that black duck can be a little full on lol. 

Sharon and Maddi were the first to go on a ride for the day and took on the Road Runner roller coaster. After that we wandered around to the Batwing. This ride is unbelievable. You get strapped into a chair on this platform which is raised up about 10 feet. You are then launched straight up the shaft, pulling around 4 Gs until gravity realises that you're not where you're supposed to be and starts to bring you back down to earth. you then slowly bounce back down to earth like you're on a bungie cord. The two teenage girls that were sitting next to Maddi and I must have thought I had lost my mind as I started to laugh like a maniac on our way back down. And I didn't stop giggling for another 10 minutes after my feet once again touched the ground. 

Maddi and I also went on the Superman ride. Oh my God. I looked at the track an I got a bit nervous. I was speaking to a guy who was going on it for the second time in 10 minutes. He said once you go through the tunnel yu get launched out into the world, pulling 4.5 Gs up a ramp. All you can see is sky. then it feels like that world falls away from underneath you as gravity once again decides that you're not supposed to be there and you are suddenly looking directly at the ground in a vertical drop. Then your basically hanging on for a sphincter clenching, lunch launching minute until you pull back into the station. There was at least half a dozen points on this ride that I thought I was going to die. 

Molly got to have a couple of rides too. I took her on the merry-go-round and she rode on Marvin the Martian's rocket. Sharon then took Molly for a turn on Tweey's cage ride, which is a kiddies version of the octopus. 

The whole day was a real blast. We went through all the retail shops. Maddi walked away with the Elder Wand from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I bought Sharon a necklace, and I, ever the geek, bought a light and sound sonic screwdriver. What can I say, I love sci-fi lol. 

Tomorrow we plan on going to White Water World until lunch time and then spend the afternoon relaxing. now it's time to get some sleep. 

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment