Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Home Made Lasagna

Ok, I'll admit it, my first attempt at making a lasagna I cheated. But in my defence I did want it to go well. For my next effort I will be making it from scratch, and that includes making my own pasta sheets.

Shane's Quick and Easy Lasagna
1.5kg lean beef mince
2 580g jars of Dolmio Lasaga Thick Tomato Sauce
2 550g jars of Dolmio Lasagna Extra Cheese Sauce
100g thinly sliced pepperoni
100g thinly sliced cabanossi
Lasagna sheets

Brown mince in a hot non stick pan. Drain any fat off and return to pan, adding cabanossi and pepperoni. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Add the contents of the Lasagna Tomato Sauce bottles and stir through until boiling. Remove from heat.

Into a non stick deep dish pan place a layer of lasagna sheets. On top of the sheets apply a layer of lasagna mix followed by a layer of cheese sauce. Repeat once more with another layer of lasagna sheets, lasagna mix and cheese sauce. Finally top with a final layer of lasagna sheets and shredded mozzarella cheese.

Place into a preheated 150 degree Celsius oven for 45 minutes, turning the pan around after 25 minutes to allow the cheese topping to brown evenly.

Once cheese topping is melted and lightly browned, remove from oven and serve with salad, chips or vegetables.

Keep an eye out for future posts on my kitchen adventures

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment